World Poker Tour and FSN ink new 3-year deal
The World Poker Tour has reached an agreement with Fox Sports Net that will see FSN televise the popular poker tour over the next three years: Seasons 9, 10, and 11 of the WPT. The new episodes of the WPT will air on Sunday nights at 8PM and 11PM, with reruns airing throughout the week.
WPT President Adam Pliska said this about the new deal, “As a leader in sports programming, FSN has been a great champion of the WPT and we are thrilled to make this long-term commitment as we celebrate a new day for the WPT… The better airtimes, improved promotion and the increased number of repeat episodes promise to be a boon for fans and the perfect showcase for the exciting changes coming to the WPT starting in Season 9.”
The show will still feature Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten calling the action, as well as Kimberly Lansing, and the new “Raw Deal” segment where a poker enthusiast will sound-off on a particular topic –The WPT has been holding auditions to find the host of the Raw Deal segment, which will also feature the Royal Flush Girls.
Party Poker has already proven itself to be excellent owners of the WPT, with attendances up at the first two stops so far this year.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …