WPT Paris Down to 25 players
After three days of play, the money bubble has burst at the World Poker Tour Grand Prix de Paris, and the remaining 25 players will be back in action on Wednesday looking to move farther up the pay scale. Day 3 saw 48 players take to the poker tables at the Aviation Club in Paris France, and it wasn’t long before the money bubble burst as Stuart Rutter was eliminated in 28th place –guaranteeing the remaining players some type of compensation for their efforts.
Leading the field is Jimmy Ostennson and his 719,000 chips. While the field doesn’t contain much in the way of star-power, there are still a number of strong European poker players in the running. Still in the hunt are: Fabrice Tuil, Steven van Zadelhoff, and Andrew Teng.
Day 4 will see the 25 remaining players whittled down to a final table of eight, a change from the usual six player final table which has been a staple of the World Poker Tour. Perhaps the change is to follow the European Poker Tour’s lead, or perhaps to break up the monotony after 9 seasons.
Tags: wpt france
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …