WPT returns to Paris 1st time in 4 years
Over the past two days 247 poker players –106 on Day 1a and 141 on Day 1b–took to the poker tables at the Aviation Club in Paris France. The prize they are all seeking is a World Poker Tour title, the first such tournament held at the Aviation Club since 2006.
The Grand Prix de Paris was one of the original stops on the WPT, and the only foreign stop for quite some time. In its second incarnation the Paris tournament is the first stop on this the WPT’s 9th season.
With a strong international poker pro presence, the final table is shaping up to be a star-studded affair, with players like Isabelle Mercier, Antione Saout, and Andrew Feldman all in terrific shape to make a deep run in the event.
With a €2.7 million prize-pool, and €633k going to the winner, the players will be battling hard to reach the final table. Many of the big names who weren’t lucky enough to survive the first day will likely be hanging around Paris for a few extra days; when the €20,000 high-roller tournament is set to begin –The high-roller events are popping up at more and more major tournaments, almost as a second-chance event for the top pros.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …