12 players remain in the WSOP $2,500 6-Max Limit tourney
The $2,500 6-Max Limit Holdem tournament at the 2011 World Series of Poker is down to the final two tables and will likely play down to a champion on Monday. The 6-Max Limit Holdem event is definitely a specialists’ tournament, and it’s safe to assume that the remaining 12 players have a considerable amount of skill in the discipline.
There will be plenty of story-lines to follow on the Monday as Richard “nutsinho” Lyndaker looks for his first WSOP bracelet, Matt Matros looks to for his second Limit Holdem WSOP bracelet, and Stephanie Nguyen looks to win one for the ladies.
Lyndaker is an online legend, who has been making a name for himself in live tournaments over the past few years; including a 2nd place finish in the 2008 WSOP $5k NLHE tournament, as well as two previous cashes in the 2011 WSOP tournament series.
Nguyen is seeking the first WSOP bracelet in an open event for a woman since 2008, when Vanessa Selbst won the $1,500 PLO tournament. Despite numerous final tables over the past few years, the ladies haven’t been able to take down a WSOP tournament.
Matros is fast solidifying himself as one of the best Limit Holdem tournament players in the world after a bracelet win last year, but the poker pro will find himself on the short-stack when play resumes on Monday.
Here is a look at the chip counts for the remaining players:
1. Alexander Kuzmin – 412,500
2. Andrey Zaichenko – 315,500
3. Scott Stanko – 290,500
4. Richard Lyndaker – 248,000
5. Samuel Golbuff – 229,000
6. Stephanie Nguyen – 221,000
7. Gabriel Nassif – 217,500
8. Darren Woods – 178,500
9. Jay Pinkussohn – 172,000
10. Matt Schreiber – 159,000
11. Joe Gualtieri – 135,500
12. Matt Matros – 69,000
Tags: Alexander Kuzmin, Cashes, Champion, Darren Woods, Discipline, Gualtieri, Matt Matros, Max Limit, Nguyen, Plo, Poker Pro, Schreiber, Stack, Stanko, Stephanie, Two Tables, Vanessa Selbst, world series, World Series of Poker, WSOP
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …