2010 WSOP update: Casino Employee Tournament
Once again the World Series of Poker kicked off with $500 buy-in Casino Employee Tournament, which gives the workers behind the scenes the chance to have their 15 minutes in the spotlight, pick up a 5 to 6-figure payday, and win a WSOP bracelet.
The 2010 version of the tournament saw 722 players take to the poker tables at the Rio, and when play ended at the end of the day only 53 hopefuls remained in contention for the $72k first prize.
Among those still vying for the bracelet is one recognizable name in the poker world, tournament director Jack McClelland.
For those of you that think the tournament is unlikely to produce a poker superstar are forgetting recent history, it was his win in the Casino Employee’s tournament that propelled Omaha 8 tournament superstar Thang Luu into the spotlight, and helped grow his bankroll to the point where he could participate in more tournaments.
Play will resume today at 2:30pm, where the 53 remaining players will play down to the final table, and then for the title: Who knows, will we see the beginning of another great poker career? Or, can Jack McClelland take his short-stack all the way to the final table? We’ll find out today!
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …