New tournaments highlight 2010 World Series of Poker schedule
There are quite a few changes in store for anyone checking out the 2010 WSOP schedule: The tournament series will still feature 57 tournaments, but there seems to be a new emphasis on lower buy-in, and larger buy-in events.
* The $50k HORSE tournament has been replaced with the $50k Players Championship –an 8-game mix featuring a final table of strictly No Limit Holdem—which will put the event with the largest buy-in back into ESPN’s TV schedule. The HORSE tournament is now one of the $10k Championship Events.
* A $25k 6-Max No Limit Holdem event has been added in an effort to cash in on the short-handed trend that is sweeping the high-stakes online poker games.
* Last year’s $1,000 tournament was such a success that the 2010 schedule boasts six of these events –one will be held each week for five weeks, and the final $1,000 tournament will be held on July 2nd—all of the $1k events will be No Limit Holdem.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …