Opening flights complete at the 2012 WSOP Main Event
Day 1a of the 2012 World Series of Poker Main Event saw 1,088 players take to the tables at the Rio; Day 1b saw a substantial increase as 2,144 players entered the WSOP Main Event on the second of three starting days; and the final starting day, Day 1c, was once again the largest as 3,418 players registered, more than doubling the turnout for the first two days combined.
There were a number of big names playing on Day 1c of the 2012 WSOP Main Event, including Doyle Brunson, who first tweeted he would be skipping the tournament, but ended up down at the Rio with $10,000 in hand to register just before the end of the late registration period. Doyle is probably very happy with his decision considering he finished the day with over 80,000 chips!
Other big names in the field who bagged-up chips on Monday included Brandon Adams, Jake Cody, Joe Cada, Paul Volpe, Sorel Mizzi, Erik Aude, Viktor Blom and Farzad Bonyadi, all ending the day with over 100,000 chips.
Here is a look at the Top 10 chip counts at the end of Day 1c:
1. Randy Haddox — 188,275
2. Erik Hellman — 175,950
3. Marco Bognanni — 169,600
4. Daniel Morgan — 160,025
5. Mathias Maasberg — 159,150
6. Brandon Adams — 158,100
7. Steve Yea — 157,175
8. Paul McTaggart — 155,475
9. Asa Smith — 148,475
10. Zennawi Petros — 148,150
All of these players, and the entire Day 1b field, are still chasing overall chip-leader William John, who bagged up an impressive 266,700 on Day 1a of the tournament, one of the greatest first days in the history of the WSOP.
When all was said and done, the 2012 WSOP Main Event saw 6,598 players enter (down slightly from last year’s 6,865) good enough to land in the #5 spot on the all-time attendance list. The total prize-pool for the WSOP Main Event surpassed $62 million, and will pay 666 players (a very eerie number to say the least) with first place taking home $8,527,982. This year seven people will become instant millionaires, with the 8th place finisher just missing a seven-figure payday, taking home $971,252.
Complete Final Table Payouts:
* 2012 WSOP Main Event winner: $8,527,982
* 2012 WSOP Main Event runner-up: $5,292,889
* 3rd place finisher: $3,797,558
* 4th place finisher: $2,850,494
* 5th place finisher: $2,154,616
* 6th place finisher: $1,640,461
* 7th place finisher: $1,257,790
* 8th place finisher: $971,252
* 9th place finisher: $754,798
Today will see the starting fields from both Day 1a and Day 1b in action, with each field remaining separated in different parts of the Rio. Wednesday will see the survivors from Day 1c return, and on Thursday all three fields will be combined for the first time to play Day 3 of the 2012 WSOP.
Tags: Asa Smith, Attendance List, Brandon Adams, Daniel Morgan, Doyle Brunson, Erik Aude, Farzad, Haddox, Late Registration, Mctaggart, Paul Volpe, Petros, Poker Main Event, Prize Pool, Rio Day, Sorel Mizzi, Time Attendance, World Series of Poker, World Series of Poker Main Event, WSOP Main Event
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …