Poker pro Matt Matros gunning for 2nd WSOP win
With the monkey off his back after winning Event #12 at the 2010 WSOP –$1,500 Limit Holdem—longtime poker pro Matt Matros has worked his way to the final table of another Limit Holdem Event, this time in the $2,000 buy-in Event #18.
Matt Matros enters the final table with 224,000 chips, trailing chip-leader Eric Buchman, who is leading the way with 453,000 chips. Buchman, who finished 4th in last year’s WSOP Main Event, is looking to add his first WSOP bracelet to his already impressive resume.
If Matros is able to capture his second bracelet of 2010 he would shoot to the top of the WSOP Player of the Year leader-board, leapfrogging Vladimir Schmelev and Mike “The Grinder” Mizrachi. With three more Limit Holdem events on the WSOP schedule, Matros would also have a number of opportunities to pull off a feat similar to Jeffrey Lisandro’s domination of Stud tournaments last year, but I’m getting a bit ahead of myself; he still needs to win this tournament first!
Just missing the final table was another 2009 Main Event final table member, Jeff Shulman. Shulman finished in 13th place, picking up his first cash in the 2010 WSOP.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …