The World Series of Poker Europe Main Event is underway
Day 1a of the WSOPE Main Event saw 156 players take to the poker tables, including some of the biggest names in the poker world: Phil Ivey, Phil Hellmuth, Doyle Brunson, Vanessa Rousso, and Patrik Antonius.
There were no shortage of casualties on day 1a, which saw the like of Hoyt Corkins, Robert Mizrachi, Vanessa Rousso, Huck Seed, Phil Ivey, and Andy Bloch among others eliminated. Even with the loss of the aforementioned big names, many top players advanced on like Doyle Brunson, Todd Brunson, Phil Hellmuth, Men Nguyen, Erik Seidel, Patrik Antonius, and Nick Schulman.
One down-note was the fact that we had to witness another over-the-top entrance by Phil Hellmuth (when will the absurdity end???) where he rehashed his Roman Gladiator/Emperor outfit from the WSOP –the outfit was different but the theme remained the same—and arrived in a horse drawn chariot with models in tow.
The tournament will recommence today, where officials expect the typical larger turnout for day 1b.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …