World Series of Poker changing $50k HORSE tournament in 2010
In another move that shows how television has truly taken over poker, Harrah’s announced on Thursday that they will be changing the $50k HORSE Tournament to an 8-Game Mix that will feature a final table of exclusively No Limit Texas Holdem –I know you must be as shocked as I am *sarcasm*.
The move comes on the heels of ESPN dropping the HORSE tournament from its television schedule during the 2009 WSOP as they made the move to broadcast only No Limit Holdem events. Perhaps because it was removed from the television schedule the tournament saw a dramatic decline in attendance –the tournament had drawn close to 150 entrants the previous year, but managed only 95 in 2009.
The HORSE Tournament has taken on special meaning since it was renamed in honor of poker legend David “Chip” Reese who passed away in 2007, and was the inaugural champion of the event. Reese was considered by many as one of the greatest all-around poker players in the history of the game.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …