WSOP $1 million buy-in poker tournament update

Posted by Steve Ruddock on Jun 08, 2012 Posted in Tournament News, WSOP News | No Comments »

We are now just a few weeks away from the biggest poker tournament in the history of the game (eat your heart out Brett Maverick!) and the World Series of Poker has updated the entrant list of the #1,000,000 buy-in Big One for One Drop tournament, which now has 42 official entries, with rumors putting the exact number at 46 entrants at this time.

The tournament is capped at 48 entrants, so if you have any ambitions on ponying-up the $1 million buy-in you had better hurry, as there are only a handful of spots remaining. On Thursday the WSOP updated the official entry-list with 12 new names, as well as clarifying three other already announced entrants.

The new entrants in the tournament include:

1. Anonymous — U.S. Hedge Fund Manager

2. John Morgan — CEO, Winmark Corporation

3. Eugene Katchalov

4. Jens Kyllönen

5. Jason Mercier

6. David Peat

7. Vivek Rajkumar

8. Andrew Robl

9. Nick Schulman

10. Noah Schwartz

11. Roger Teska

12. Sam Trickett

These 12 players join the list of 30 that was already announced by the WSOP about a month ago:

13. Guy Laliberté

14. Phil Ruffin

15. Andy Beal

16. Montreal private citizen group (Sean O’Donnell)

17. Cary Katz

18. Paul Newey

19. Richard Yong

20. Erik Seidel

21. Anonymous – U.S. venture capitalist

22. Anonymous – European hedge fund manager

23. Anonymous – U.S. hedge fund manager

24. Anonymous – French businessman

25. Caesars Entertainment seat

26. Caesars Entertainment via June 30 $25,300 satellite at Rio

27. MGM Mirage satellite seat

28. Bobby Baldwin

29. Patrik Antonius

30. Gus Hansen

31. Daniel Negreanu

32. Johnny Chan

33. Tom Dwan

34. Tony Guoga

35. Jonathan Duhamel

36. Bertrand “ElkY” Grospellier

37. Daniel Shak

38. Justin Smith

39. Bob Bright

40. Arnaud Mimran

41. Paul Phua

42. Carlos Nahas (Grand Tournoi de Poker Loto-Quebec satellite winner)

Other potential, but still unconfirmed entries include Phil Hellmuth (who said he was 80% likely to be playing) and Jean-Robert Bellande, who said he was playing via his Twitter account (whether this was a level or not has yet to be determined). Other names being tossed around include Justin Bonomo, Phil Ivey, and Ben Lamb (who tweeted he had entered on Thursday night).

In addition to Carlos Nahas being named the winner of the Grand Tournoi de Poker Loto-Quebec satellite, the press release issued today at the website also updated the list in the following ways:

GIOVANNI “Malibu” GUARASCIO has been confirmed as the official seat for what had previously been listed as the “Montreal private citizen group (Sean O’Donnell).”

FRÉDÉRIC BANJOUT, previously listed as “Anonymous French Businessman” is now confirmed as the player for that previously announced seat.

Should the tournament reach the 48 player cap the first-place prize-money is estimated to be $18.3 million, by far the biggest prize in poker history.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Promotional News

$5 Free to play rummy giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Read more

lock-Exlusive Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Read more

WINNER Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
Read more

tom dwan viktor blom New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …
Read more