WSOP Main Event challenges attendance record
The 2010 World Series of Poker Main Event drew an astounding 7,319 poker players, making it the 2nd largest poker tournament in history. Only the 2006 Main Event which saw 8,773 players take to the felt had a higher turnout for a major poker tournament in poker history. The glory of winning THE World Series of Poker Championship –not to mention the millions in prize-money and endorsement deals—brings players from around the globe to Las Vegas, even if it is the middle of the summer in the desert!
The WSOP Main Event has a stranglehold on the record-book for tournament attendance; the top five spots all belong to WSOP Main Events from 2006 – 2010. Many of these players come from online qualifiers, where they gained entry to the Main Event for a fraction of the $10,000 buy-in by winning a tournament, or series of tournaments.
The number of competitors steadily increased each day culminating with the 2,391 entrants on Day 1d:
Day 1a = 1,125
Day 1b = 1,489
Day 1c = 2,314
Day 1d = 2,391
The massive field has generated a total prize-pool of $68,798,600 with over $8.9 million going to the winner. In all 747 players will cash in the 2010 World Series of Poker, approximately 10% of the field.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …