MicroGaming Poker Network alters rakeback calculation method
The Microgaming Poker Network confirmed yesterday that it would be moving away from their “Contributed Rakeback” method to a “Weighted Contributed Rakeback” method. In order to be eligible for rakeback from the weighted method, a player must contribute to the pot in some way: AND the more they contribute, the higher their rakeback will be.
Microgaming is a major player in the online poker world –the network is currently ranked 9th in terms of traffic by PokerScout.com– with its confederation of dozens of small online poker sites, including Poker Rewards, Poker Share, and Mansion Poker.
The shift in rakeback calculations seems to be an effort to discourage the low-limit grinders, who play super-tight and rely solely on their rakeback earnings as profit. The practice can be the kiss of death for sites with low and mid-level traffic who are trying to bring in players. Since new players tend to get frustrated when only two or three people are seeing the flop, the weighted contributed rakeback method encourages players to loosen-up.
If you are looking Rakeback, Carbon Poker offer 30% rakeback. Click Here to download Carbon Poker and automatically get 30% rakeback.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …