PokerStars names new CEO
According to EGaming Review, PokerStars is planning a shakeup at the highest levels of the company, which will see a new CEO come in to take over some of the duties of founder Isai Scheinberg and his son Mark Scheinberg.
The new CEO is Gabi Campos whose most recent position was with 888’s Dragonfish B2B operation. Campos is set to officially begin his new role with PokerStars in October, but has already started working with the company in an unofficial, consultant-esque, function.
Isai Scheinberg will retain his Chief Technical Officer title, while Mark Scheinberg will move into the Chairman’s seat of PokerStars.
Campos became a hot commodity as a top level executive in the online gaming world when 888 saw across the board declines in revenue, except at the Campos run Dragonfish which accounted for $51.3 million of 888’s total revenue of $246.7 million according to EGaming Review. Under Campos DragonFish saw a 33% increase in revenue since 2008.
In an internal memo received by EGaming Review, Mark Scheinberg stated: “Both Isai and myself will continue to be closely involved in the company’s strategic direction and building on the success we have all achieved together as a team over the last 10 years. We are excited about this new chapter in the PokerStars story, and look forward to Gabi’s leadership in taking the company forward to continued success.”
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …